A risk strategy and analytics analyst role is to develop analytics to support new and existing risk strategies designed to enhance the performance of retail lending portfolios to include originations, account management, and portfolio performance.
Risk strategy analysts may also identify areas of potential risk within a portfolio through market, economic, and statistical analysis that may lead to strategy adjustment recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop models related to credit origination/portfolio management efforts and oversee deployment and validation efforts
- Excellent quantitative/analytical skills with the ability to derive patterns and insights, and perform risk/reward analysis
- Conduct statistical analysis to evaluate risk using statistical software such as SPSS and SAS
- Develop and maintain database resources used to track performance of marketing campaigns
- Forecast and monitor portfolio losses and incorporate industry/market trends
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of portfolio trends and potential risks to business partners in U.S. and Spain as required through established analytic processes as well as follow-up to Risk Committees, Board, and Spain specific requests to provide insight regarding credit quality
- Work with business partners to provide analytics and recommendations for structure of new products, product changes, underwriting guidelines, and risk strategies
- Present ideas via reports and presentations, outlining findings and making recommendations for improvements to reduce/control risk
- Manage projects and participate on committees and work groups as assigned
- Work independently