At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience.
Learn more below.
What will you be doing?
The Director of Infrastructure Security Engineering is responsible for Managing the Security Engineering team, consisting of direct reports and indirect reports across multiple lines of business and geographic areas. This Is a hands-on, “lead by doing” position as well as team hiring, training and development.
- Manage the Infrastructure Security Engineering team, direct reports and indirect reports across multiple technology development/support team and lines of business across our nationwide footprint.
- Lead security engineers to design, build, run, and maintain security tools to safeguard the company’s assets and investigate security breaches, including participation in incident response planning, detection, response and remediation.
- Provide strategic risk guidance for IT and Engineering projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
- Collaborate with executives and senior management across the company to prioritize security initiatives, ensure technical and operational security controls are incorporated into new systems and applications, while maintaining our company’s cultural principles
- Develop, manage, and consult on the technical architecture and strategies for enterprise Information Security controls.
- Review projects and provide security standards to technology teams, prescribing appropriate protection configurations that will balance business requirements with enterprise technology standards to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Investigate leading technologies in the marketplace and make assessments regarding relevance to security related technology solutions and maintains effective relationships with key technology vendors and industry professionals.
- Review security controls, data and processes to provide better metrics and operational support
- Contribute to development of company-wide security strategy.
- Conduct forensic investigations for HR, Legal, or incident response related activities.
- Grows cyber intelligence capabilities and networks.
- Responsible for identifying continuous security capability improvements that will help protect our computing environments.