Assoc Risk Officer I, II or Risk Officer I, AVP/VP – (Grades 18-20)
The Risk Officer is responsible for proactively overseeing and identifying operational risks within the Engineering department processes (from end-to-end) and assessment of the critical risks. It works in partnership with the business unit in the design, implementation and monitoring of mitigating controls, utilizing the Corporate Operational Risk Methodology and system (STORM). The Risk Officer will provide risk management and control support to an assigned group of business units within the Engineering Division. Also, it is responsible for the implementation of local and global initiatives coming from the Central Operational Risk Management Team. It will work to ensure that the operational risk level assumed by their assigned business unit is within the limits established by Management.
-Assist in obtaining requested documentation
· Experience in the financial services industry and minimum of three years risk management experience.
· Understanding of SOX, CobIT and/or COSO frameworks.
· Experience monitoring key issues and risks as well as related mitigation efforts associated with projects as assigned.
· Requires experience understanding legal liabilities, regulatory requirements and potential exposure related to systems and technology, banking operations and bank regulations.
· Maintains knowledge of current and emerging regulations.
· Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) required.
· Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with both internal and external constituencies, including bank customers, bank regulators, and external auditors.
· Strong IT knowledge and/or IT experience a plus.
· BS, BA or BBA Degree required.
· Advanced degree in business-related field and professional certification such as CSA, CISSP, MSCE, CRP, GARP or CIA preferred.