• Manage Competitive Pricing Analysis and Strategies to optimize volume and profitability.
• Perform Analysis, research, and support of Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) valuations.
• Responsible for maintenance and updates of QRM risk management system.
• Pipeline Analytics and Reporting related to pricing, MSR, pipeline and hedging activity.
• Analysis and forecasting to support the business unit, including closing volume estimates and fee income monthly forecasts.
• Partnerships with risk, accounting, finance, customer intelligence, sales, and mortgage operations to support the mortgage business, as required.
• Prepare reporting packages for various management committees.
• Ad hoc analysis and support for other projects as required.
• Maintain and update model inputs, assumptions, and documentation in accordance with the bank's model governance policies.
• Maintain, update, and adhere to Secondary Marketing policy and procedure documents.
• Responsible for strict adherence to all compliance and regulatory requirements.
1. This job has no unusual physical requirements; nearly all work is performed in a climate-controlled indoor facility.
2. This job requires manual dexterity, frequent sitting, the ability to view printed or electronic information and to communicate verbally, in-person or on the telephone.
3. This job occasionally requires standing and walking and on rare occasions, may require the ability to balance, bend, stoop, kneel, climb stairs or lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
4. Work volume can be unpredictable and interruptions from customers, peers, managers or others may be present.
1. A Bachelor’s or higher Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or related field is required.
2. Strong analytical and problem solving skills and understanding of fixed income and quantitative modeling.
3. Ability to understand sophisticated mathematical models and concepts.
4. A minimum of two years of proven and progressive mortgage banking or equivalent experience is required for the entry level position. Additional experience required for progression through the job hierarchy.
5. Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, and databases (MS Access, SQL).
6. Capable of effectively communicating information in a professional manner.
7. Results-focused, self-starter, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritizing actions and ensuring resolution.
8. Ability to work successfully within a collaborative environment to address client needs and meet departmental goals.
1. Knowledge of finance, cash flow analysis, capital markets or other aspects of mortgage banking strongly preferred.
2. Strong mathematical and analysis skills.
3. Experience in building and maintaining mortgage pricing models and rate sheets a plus.
4. Experience working with a QRM system is preferred.
5. Bilingual; English/Spanish.