Internal Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs) will receive a large number of “warm transfers” from Retail Bank Branches across our geographic footprint, as well as outbound mortgage leads for both refinance and purchase opportunities. They will serve in an advisory capacity to new and existing mortgage customers, building rapport, analyzing financial situations, working up different loan options, and determining the appropriate loan product to meet the client’s needs.
- Maximize mortgage loan production through consultative selling, receiving internal transfers and making outbound calls, converting leads into committed applications, and exceeding monthly goals.
- Maintain a high level of industry specific knowledge, including, but not limited to loan program guidelines and current regulatory requirements.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience for all parties involved in every transaction.
- Establish and build rapport and trust with internal business partners, such as Retail Bank Branch employees, to deepen relationships and increase mortgage referrals.
- Develop solutions to help clients achieve their personal and financial goals while guiding them through the mortgage loan origination process from application to closing.
- Evaluate different loan structuring alternatives and present prospects with multiple product options to choose from, educating the Borrower on the benefits and features of each.
- Negotiate and Lock optimal pricing for customers.
- Request, collect, and upload all supporting income and asset documentation and initial disclosures from clients.
- Review documentation with Borrower for accuracy, completeness, and acceptability.
- Work closely with Operations’ partners to effectively manage a mortgage loan pipeline and expedite loan closings for customers.
- Respond to consumer inquiries and resolve loan qualification problems in a timely manner.
- Ensure all aspects of mortgage loan production are in compliance with all applicable State and Federal Laws, regulations, and bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure the provision of proper financial advice to support the growth of long-term customer relationships.