PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Model Risk Management unit is responsible for Model Risk Management for BBVA Compass as well as BBVA USA. Central to its purpose is making sure that model risk across the enterprise is appropriately identified, modeled, validated, understood, documented and incorporated into management routines. Model Risk Management is also responsible for overseeing the Model Governance program and this program’s compliance with regulatory requirements, including SR 11-7 and OCC 2011-12.
- Responsible for evaluating and managing risks associated with the company's market risk models, including models of derivative pricing, market risk VaR, counterparty credit exposure, balance sheet ALM and liquidity management, mortgage backed security and mortgage servicing right valuation, etc.
- Assess model risks by performing detailed model validation reviews, establishing performance thresholds; researching model approaches, creating alternative models and benchmarks
- Report findings to model owners and management, and ensure those findings are addressed timely and appropriately
- Make expert recommendations to Senior Management about proposed new models or model changes, and advise them on model’s quantitative and theoretical issues
- Keep pace with the latest developments in academia, regulatory environment, risk technology (vendor and in-house) and financial services industry in order to provide expert guidance to the businesses
- Support regulatory examinations and internal audits of the modeling process and component models
- Clearly document the analysis performed and risk findings