FUNCTION: Support the Liability Based Funding on bank funding transactions including, but not limited to, debt issuance, brokered CD issuance, brokered money market funding, repurchase agreements, reverse repurchase agreements and other capital market funding. Additionally, responsible for compiling rating agency and debt investor relations presentations and wide-ranging Treasury Division analytical projects and reporting. This may include gathering and analyzing data and preparing reports for Compass Bank’s Asset/Liability Committee, budgeting and forecasting the Treasury Division’s balance sheet and income statement and analyzing data and preparing reports on financial markets and peer banks.
Summary of Duties:
- Responsible for maintaining effective market access of brokered CD program, including accurate payment of principal and interest, maintain relationships with investment bank funding desks in order to post CDs, and evaluate opportunities to develop low-cost funding alternatives.
- Responsible for data analysis and preparation of reports for monthly Asset/Liability Committee meetings and Board of Directors’ meetings. Make recommendations based on analysis.
- Assist in intra-day liquidity monitoring for Compass Bank and report when necessary to BBVA S.A. Make funding recommendations based on intra-day funding and balance activity, including potential short-term funding actions to address forecast shortfalls.
- Assist in development of investor and rating agency materials in order to a) positively affect the bank’s standing among rating agencies and b) provide insight to fixed income investors on BBVA Compass’ operations, outlook and operating results.
- Responsible for completing quarterly analysis of Compass Bank and a select group of its peers. Both in formal reporting and ‘day-of’ earnings insight to senior management including Head of Funding, Treasurer and CFO in order to get lateral insight into banking trends.
- Assist in development and implementation of Treasury’s programming and automation initiatives, where the group has automated several legacy functions (e.g., rate delivery) and develop actionable input for further automation and larger scale programming solutions. This includes utilization of the bank’s programming learning resources and developing dashboards.
- Review the bank’s accounts at the Federal Home Loan Bank’s and make recommendations on action items including pre-payment, rolls and strategic cost initiatives.
- Maintain accurate records of debt maturities and assist in the process of early call of maturing debt instruments to positively affect the bank’s LCR status.
- Work on other relevant Treasury Division projects as needed.