At BBVA Compass, a RESL Origination Customer Advocate is part of a team focused on delivering an industry-leading customer experience during our mortgage origination process. The team member is responsible for providing comprehensive, high-quality customer service while gathering the information needed to process and close loan applications received through the bank’s various delivery channels. The Advocate will be a primary contact for mortgage customers and must be able to effectively build customer relationships, communicate the bank’s lending requirements and respond to borrower needs. This position contributes to quality efforts of the Real Estate Secured Lending units through team orientation and focused excellence in achieving organizational service goals and quality standards.
1. Accurately prepares consumer mortgage loan processing and closing documentation.
2. Provides best in class service to the prospective borrower(s) and closing agents by delivering consistent and timely feedback throughout the lending process, anticipating borrower needs and vigilantly maintaining service level agreements.
3. Ensures the POS and LOS systems are populated with the required application data and that loan/processing statuses are accurately maintained.
4. Coordinates the ordering of appraisal, title, tax, flood and all other documentation, verification or certification required to appropriately decision and close the loan.
5. Dispositions loans according to the underwriting decision, preparing approved loans for closing or coordinating adverse action notices to applicants.
6. Directs the final real estate closing transaction and coordinates funding with closing agent via approved payment channels.
7. Contributes to the continuous improvement of the customer experience and efficiency of the team by offering open and honest feedback and ideas for automation and other uses of technology.
8. Maintains strict adherence to all compliance and regulatory requirements as well as department policies and procedures.
1. Meet credit history and criminal background requirements associated with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry registration process, to include FBI fingerprint criminal history and review of credit report.
2. High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
3. A minimum of one year of experience in mortgage operations, financial services or customer service is required. Additional experience is required for progression through the job family.
4. Excellent telephone and written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to engage customers, emphasize with their needs and respond professionally and effectively in various customer service roles.
5. Enthusiastic adopter of technology. Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Office, Google Mail and other software and applications.
6. Able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in the evaluation of information and actions taken.
7. Detail oriented and results-focused, able to organize and prioritize actions to achieve objectives. Able to apply concepts to specific situations and conditions to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
8. Able to work successfully within a collaborative environment to meet deadlines and departmental goals.