The CRA Program Analyst will support the CRA Program Manager, Director of CRA Program Administration, and the CRA Officer in the management of BBVA Compass’ CRA Program striving for maximum performance and compliance with the applicable laws and regulations of the Community Reinvestment Act.
· Assist with in managing relationships with business units for collaboration in developing and monitoring performance goals that meet the company’s CRA objectives
· In conjunction with the CRA Program Manager partner with the Community Relations team to review performance and identify weaknesses by market and CRA Assessment Areas to ensure that the company’s CRA objectives and performance goals are met
· Provide training and advisory services as needed to areas of the bank regarding CRA
· Support CRA Program Manager in managing the company’s CRA program within the performance measurement tests (Lending, Investments, and Services), within assigned area of responsibility
· Produce monthly, quarterly and annual CRA performance reports for Lending (CD, HMDA, & Small Business), Investments (Securities, Tax Credit and other investments) and Services, including market and LOB reports
· Prepare quarterly self-assessments of CRA performance. Work with other team members to create informative reports that assist senior management of focus on key issues
· Analyze data related to the bank’s CRA program, preparing graphs, charts, spreadsheets, written reports for management review describing performance
· Assist in preparation of PowerPoint materials (including graphing analysis) internal committee CRA presentations and various projects as needed
· Assist in preparation for and management of CRA examinations and internal audits, includes coordination and the collection of information, materials and other data for CRA examinations
· Assist with preparation of the Performance Context document for the CRA exam
· Assist with the maintain and implement CRA procedures; Assist with the oversight of Reg G
· Assist with the management and update of the CRA Public File as needed gathering required information; Assist with analysis in determining of CRA Assessment Areas where needed
· Research, qualify, document and write supporting narratives for Community Development activities
· Analytical and open-minded, able to provide an objective assessment based on verified data.
· A confident communicator able to present information, in detail, summary or response, to all levels of management.
· Ability to identify key CRA characteristics in activities and research information to substantiate Community Development qualification.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong computer skills with general knowledge of internet applications (knowledge of loan systems preferred)
· A reliable team player with strong interpersonal skills.
· Self-motivated and able to prioritize tasks.
CRA Program Analyst I
Under close supervision, performs the basic duties and assignments of the position. Resolves routine questions or problems. Knows the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization with awareness of related fields.
Bachelor’s Degree plus three years’ experience or an advanced degree.
CRA Program Analyst II
Under general supervision, performs advanced duties and assignments that require analysis and judgment. Refers only complex issues to higher level. Has a well-developed knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures of a particular area of specialization as well as related fields and their effect on own area.
Bachelor’s Degree plus five years’ experience or an advanced degree. Experience must include at least two (2) years at the preceding level or equivalent.
CRA Program Analyst III
With minimal supervision, performs complex assignments and fulfills broad responsibilities where methods and procedures may vary based on professional judgment or precedent. Considerable latitude for un-reviewed action. Confers with supervisor on unusual matters. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments. May provide functional advice or training to less experienced analysts.
Bachelor’s Degree plus seven years’ experience. Experience must include at least three (3) years at the preceding level or equivalent.
M.B.A. or other Master’s or Doctorate degrees
Experience in using CRA Wiz; Experience in a FRB regulated institution; Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)