We are seeking a bright, industrious actuary to join our growing organization help support our retirement, benefits, and pension programs . In this position, you will analyze the financial consequences and risk levels of various possible decisions to communicate sound advice based on the short- and long-term goals of our company. You should have a thorough understanding of financial theory, be self-motivated, and an independent worker who is also a team-player.
The ideal candidate will possess the skill-set, experience, and knowledge to effectively challenge the recommendations by our benefit/retirement and medical partners. This is a critical function within our organization so the ideal candidate must possess the proper internal due diligence and vetting skills to manage financial risk in this expense heavy function within Talent and Culture.
This role role requires understanding and managing the full spectrum of risks associated with our employee benefit plans/liabilities: financial, accounting (IFRS, US GAAP), investment, demographic (longevity, healthcare claim rates...) as well as compliance and legal aspects. The primary function will be managing a financially sound self-insured health plan for 9,000 employees and their dependents.
- Study and analyze the potential outcomes of uncertain future events, with particular regard to the possible impact on insurance, pension, and investment programs
- Apply business and economics knowledge to evaluate, manage, and advise company management on financial risks
- Provide strategic advice for commercial and financial endeavors
- Assess the likelihood of the occurrence of certain events, and predict the potential cost to the company and its shareholders
- Implement statistical and mathematical modeling techniques to ascertain probability and weigh risks such as plausible liabilities
- Prepare and present reports and valuations on a quarterly basis, with an emphasis on the implications of particular decisions to managers and company directors; provide advice on risk limitation
- Monitor and mitigate risks in the retirement, benefit and pension programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, business, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years actuarial experience
- FSA credential or earning that designation within the next 6 months
- This role role requires understanding and managing the full spectrum of risks associated with our employee benefit plans/liabilities: financial, accounting (IFRS, US GAAP), investment, demographic (longevity, healthcare claim rates...) as well as compliance and legal aspects
- Experience working in a consulting firm, financial services or insurance industry preferred
- Proven skill in actuarial mathematics, with an in-depth understanding of mathematics, statistics, probability theory, and investment theory
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; ability to communicate complex and challenging topics to colleagues and stakeholders in simple, easy-to-understand language
- Strong analytical, creative problem-solving, and research skills
- Proficient IT skill
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed