The Credit Products Officer for Oil & Gas is part of the Risk Management organization and is dedicated to supporting the Oil & Gas group of BBVA’s Corporate & Investment Banking unit. The Oil & Gas group manages relationships with companies in the oil and gas exploration and production sector, the midstream sector, and the downstream/services sector. These highly valued relationships involve both complex syndicated and bilateral credit facilities with the respective clients. The Credit Products Officer is responsible for managing all credit related aspects of these clients in accordance with the bank’s internal credit policies and guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure transactions based on market practices, borrower credit profile, and asset equality.
- Participate in due diligence reviews.
- Conduct financial modeling and collateral analysis.
- Underwrite credit requests (new origination / transaction extensions / modifications).
- Obtain credit risk approval for proposed requests (with respective Client Relationship Manager as sponsor).
- Coordinate with Client Relationship Manager to negotiate credit and legal documentation required.
- Review closing documents and ensure proper onboarding of transactions.
- Analyze and monitor periodic financial and compliance reporting required.
- Perform annual relationship reviews in conjunction with Client Relationship Manager to determine appropriateness of client credit profile and related exposures.
- Travel as necessary (less than 10%).