Provides advanced level of financial analyses in support of the bank's or LOB financial management. Develops projects involving PC and mainframe based database issues and advanced operational issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Produces and presents various financial analyses concerning all facets of the bank's or assigned financial operations.
(2) Produces financial forecasts of bank earnings and interest rate risk through use of financial modeling software.
(3) Develops more efficient and effective financial reports for various bank departments, including Board reports, and credit, investments, and marketing reports by using a variety of PC and mainframe based software programs.
(4) Maintains integrity of financial process, from documentation of procedures to organization of multiple financial analyses.
(5) Coordinates preparation of and inputs all financial data for use in financial reporting for the bank or assigned department or LOB.
(6) Develops and maintains processes to automate inputting of financial data into financial modeling software.
(7) Using financial modeling software, prepares the yearly budget and updates during the year.
(8) Prepares incentive plan data, documents, and processes payments through payroll as appropriate.
(9) Conducts independent research and analysis and special projects in support of the assigned department or LOB.
(10) Interacts directly with management level personnel in other areas of the bank as necessary to complete assigned projects.
*****CAN ALSO BE FILLED IN HOUSTON, DALLAS, AND AUSTIN (TEXAS)*****
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
(1) Knowledge at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in business with coursework in accounting, finance, and economics. Master's degree in Finance or Economics preferred.
(2) Proficiency in use of spreadsheet software. In-depth knowledge of financial modeling software and of financial modeling techniques.
(3) Skills in data base management required.
(4) Analytical skills necessary to research and prepare a variety of complex reports and analyses.
(5) Interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact effectively with all levels of bank management.
(6) Knowledge of financial industry.
GRADE / LEVEL DIFFERENTIATION: