How we would describe our Rockstar Discipline Head of Compensation
The BBVA Compass People team is looking for a Compensation Discipline Leader to join us in Birmingham, AL. In this role, you will be responsible for continuously developing a differentiated compensation program that enables BBVA Compass to attract, grow, and retain the talent needed to achieve our business goals, as we lead a digital transformation in the financial industry.
This role is integral in the transformation of BBVA Compass by designing and implementing a compensation strategy that will be based not only on role definition compared to other financial institutions but also lead the transformation to identify new ways for our organization to value talent and remain competitive.
As the Compensation Discipline Leader, you will need to be able to support senior leaders and the Talent and Culture team in ensuring end-to-end organizational readiness for program and workforce evolutions. You’ll need good business judgement and deep insight into the dynamics of compensation strategies, collaboration, negotiation, and persuasive communication.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Support market analysis; understand the talent market and available data relative to BBVA Compass's current and desired positions
- Leads strategy for execution by process teams in pay equity studies, hiring rates, merit/bonus design, and administration of the organization’s total compensation budget. Proven experience managing large data, making data based decisions with proper analysis and synthesis techniques.
- Research compensation benchmarks, including structure of compensation, reviewing public filings (e.g., proxy statements, 8-Ks, Form 4s, etc.), and consultant benchmarking analyses
- Develop enablement framework for reporting, information, education, and strategies that support talent acquisition, people consultants, and senior leaders in structuring compensation packages for key talent; integrate career development, succession planning, and organizational design
- Foster participant engagement; develop individualized materials to support communications and guide understanding among participants on the value of the offered program, alignment to corporate strategy, and what they can do to achieve success both for BBVA Compass and for themselves
- Oversee executive and manager enablement and change management for equity; develop and deliver program information, budget planning, education, communications and enablement strategies that align executives and managers to program strategy and enable talent and financial planning
- Partner on the development and delivery of analysis and reporting that enables data-driven decision-making for managers and program leadership
- Ensure program integration with global compensation team, equity compensation, legal, talent acquisition, people analytics, executive onboarding, succession management, workforce planning, and leadership development programs
- Manage the integration process post-acquisition, working across multiple teams from core functions to ensure effective and smooth integration of newly acquired companies
- Support the development and delivery of regular executive communications that provide valuable insight into the diligence and integration process including status, issues and risks, and suggested resolutions
- Reports to Chief Talent and Culture Officer and works extensively with executive management at the local and global level making timely and appropriate recommendations for US pay programs. Defines strategy to align compensation programs and structure to acquire and retain a first class workforce.
BBVA Compass will continue to evolve as a FinTech disruptor so we will only consider candidates who are willing to help us break the mold in the industry. This position will require someone who is willing and able to embark on a new approach to compensation and the strategy needed to attract and retain top talent. We are not your ordinary bank so we are not looking for an ordinary compensation leader.